KL

As far as I know VLOOKUP accepts arrays in its 3rd argument, but not in the
1st one.
As an alternative you can try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=TRANSPOSE(F15:F19))*B1:B10)

This assumes that your named range DataRLambda is located in [A1:B10]

Regards,
KL

"BartDesc" wrote in message
It seemed simple:
={SUM(VLOOKUP((F15:F19);DataRLambda;2;FALSE))}
should work, but doesn't. F15 is used every time for evaluation in
VLOOKUP.
I have some experience in excel so I don't think it's any obvious mistake.
My conclusion is that using Vlookup in a formula array doesn't work.
Can anybody second that?
Did anybody find an elagant workaround? (I could create extra calculations
in extra columns or even some VBA programming).

Thanks,
Bart