Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chantelle[_2_] Chantelle[_2_] is offline

Default Counting the number of consecutive cells/rows that have the same entry

Hi,
I have tried using the count functions in excell to count the number
of cells that are in consecutive order that have the same value, but I
can not get my head around it. I have rows of data with fixed entries
say A B C D and E and i want to put into the column next to the
entries a formula /vba programme that counts the the numbers above and
below if they = the number in the cell and only until there is a
change in numbers e.g

Column A Column B
A 2
A 2