Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Need code for Excel Simple Visual Basic Macro to select next avai.

Sub copyrow()
'to use the next avaible row
x = Cells(1, 1).End(xlDown).Row + 1

'to use the last available row - usually used.
'x = Cells(rows.count, 1).End(xlup).Row + 1

'line below to copy
'Rows(1).Copy rows(x)

'line below to copy values only
Rows(x).Value = Rows(1)

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Marco Margaritelli" <Marco
wrote in
message ...
I am trying to write this simple macro but I cannot figure how HOW to

select
the next available row of a database of addresses.
Below is the macro that I have now it works BUT it always select the A8

Cell,

Rows("1:1").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("A8").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Instead I would like it to do the following:
1) Rows("1:1").Select [This is OK]
2) Selection.Copy [This is OK]
3) Selection.End(xlDown).Select [This is OK]
Here I need a command to simply MOVE DOWN ONE ROW.
and then
4) Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks :=False, Transpose:=False [This is OK as well]

In other words is just like when in a spread sheet of say 10 Rows, I
manually press:
END, DOWN, (will take me to the las occupied cell), + DOWN (will take me

the next available cell.

Can anyone help me PLEASE.
Thanks