Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
llamedos llamedos is offline

Default How to transfer text from Excel to Word

Thanks for your reply.

I really want to be able to populate the word doc automatically so the user
doesn't have to do the copy and pasting. I can get word to open on worksheet
activate but cannot get the text to transfer or copy to the word doc
automatically, I would even be happy if I could do it with a button control.

Regards,

Steve

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

Have you switched back to Excel, copied the data, switched back to Word and
pasted it?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:41:06 -0800, "llamedos"
wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a spreadsheet to automate formulating of quotations. My
problem is this, I want to be able to, when opening a worksheet automatically
open a word doc and have all the text from that worksheet transfered onto the
word doc. As an added bonus, if the word doc can be automatically saved with
a file name from the quotation number in one of the cells in the worksheet
would be great. i've got as far as being able to open a word doc but the page
is blank.

thankyo in advance for reading this and any help you can give.

steve.