Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Coddington Tim Coddington is offline

Default Text box selection

I have a form with a text box containing a date formatted as mm/dd/yyyy.
When the box gets focus, I want the mm/dd part to be selected for
replacement. So far, I have the following:

Private Sub TextBox1_Enter()
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
TextBox1.SelLength = 5
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_initialize()
TextBox1.Value = "01/01/4000"
TextBox2.Value = "04/03/1999"
End Sub

When the form comes up, textbox1 has focus and 01/01 is highlighted. But
when I press <enter, <tab, or click on a text box to enter it, it seems
that '_Enter()' doesn't fire at that time.

How can I get the first 5 characters highlighted every time I enter the text
box?