Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
t.roff t.roff is offline

Default Open File with Spaces in Path

I'm having the same trouble that you did. I'm using this:

Excelstr = "EXCEL.EXE" + " " + Forms![data import]![Viewer Filename]
Call Shell(Excelstr, 1)

The "Viewer Filename" is a path that has spaces in it and excel cuts off the
path wherever there is a space and tries to open a file. If there are two
spaces in the path, ie C:\Data from Calgary.xls is interpreted as
C:\Data.xls, from.xls, and Calgary.xls. Did you ever figure this out?

"J" wrote:

Right now I'm using the following which has double quotes:

Shell "excel C:\Sample Path\Sample File.xls",
vbMaximizedFocus

Please advise, and thanks for your help!