Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scripting Excel different behavior than Interactive?

I think the answer will depend on what RunReport does.

If you rely on the activecell/activesheet, maybe you're not in the spot that you
think you should be in.

Prezent Tenz wrote:

We run a number of Excel spreadsheets via a scheduling system to do overnight
batch calcs. Each of the spread sheets contain a macro called "RunReport"

I've recently built a new machine and installed Office and all seems fine.
If I load the spreadsheet and manually run the macro "RunReport" it all works
as expected.

But if I run a spreadsheet using a VB Script (snippet below), I get a
circular reference. Has anyone seen this before or have any thoughts on the
matter?

I can't imagine it's the sheet as it runs just fine on the old box
interactively and via a script.

New box Excel Version 9.0.3821 SR-1
Old box Excel Version 9.0.2720

Did the service pack break something?

Dim Excel
Dim SheetPath

Set objNet = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
SheetPath = "D:\Data\Test\"
Set Excel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Excel.Application.Visible = True
Excel.Application.Workbooks.Open SheetPath + "Test.xls", 0
Excel.Application.Run("Test.xls!RunReport")

Dave Peterson