Dave O

Your original post raised a question I never thought about: does
"deleted" information stay deleted, or can it be recovered. I don't
know that Excel operates that way. MS Access creates all kind of
overhead files within a database; if you delete a record or table the
data is no longer available to you, but the file size doesn't decrease
until you compact the database using an on-board utility. Excel
doesn't offer that kind of compact utility, so my *guess* is: deleted
data is deleted when you save the file.

You may want to re-post your question, and rephrase it something very
specific: maybe something like "When I delete something in Excel, can
the data be recovered?" Now that the post is a couple days old it will
get buried in the background- if you repost one of the MVPs will likely
take notice, and answer the question directly.