Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jac Tremblay[_3_] Jac Tremblay[_3_] is offline

Default Alternate startup file location

Hi everyone,

I use Excel 2000 and have specified the "Alternate file startup location"
(Tools/Options - General tab) for some alternate working templates. Are they
all loaded in memory when Excel starts or are they not? To me this is a major
problem because there are many of them and I wonder if a part of memory is
used by them and therefore if I should try to make them smaller.

When I use Excel XP (2002) and I specify that folder (At startup, open all
files in:), I get a message for each of them asking if I should enable the
macros contained in the templates. This is annoying as I have to click about
45 times on the Enable macros button. This message, I think, should come only
when I try to create a new workbook base on a cpecified template. Is there
another way in Excel 2002 to allow the creation of a new workbook based on an
additional list of specified templates for a defined group of users on a
network.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
--
Jac Tremblay