Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Larkin Matt Larkin is offline

Default Inexplicable difference in row hiding speed - identical code, identical machines!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
Make sure pagebreaks aren't visible. If they are, this can have a
deleterious effect.

Tom / Jim

As usual, spot on - although this option is turned off in the
workbook, and by default in the application, it appears that it turns
itself on when I changed printer to the Acrobat Distiller printer that
we use to create pdfs. Turning this off has the desired effect of
returning both PCs to operating at the same speed for this workbook.

(For reference, the item was in tools / options / view - under Window
Options, unticked page breaks)

Obviously I shall add this to the code (as per Jim's note). Thanks
for the option explicit tip too - something I do usually do, but this
was a bit of a quick fix, so naming conventions and variable
declaration got a bit sidelined!!

Many thanks!

Matt