Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default Access Query Recordet conversion to an Array

"TK" wrote ...

Obviously we don’t want to start the selection process in
a program that’s whole purpose in life is to store and
analysis data.

In general terms, I agree i.e. pass parameters from the client to a
stored procedure on the database server, process on the server side
and sent the results set back to the client. However, because the
source is a Jet (MS Access) database and the target (i.e. Excel) is
also a Jet datasource, it may be possible to take advantage of a few
tricks e.g. creating a JOIN between data in the .xls and .mdb can save
a lot of processing time and trouble parsing a delimited string of key
values from the client.

I don’t know what an Access row is

What the theoretical SQL language community calls a 'row', the MS
Access community calls a 'record'.

Jamie.