Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a way to determinie the maximum row and column used?

I have a last cell (col / row) example on my website

"Peter" wrote in message

I have an application that updates a large number of cells.

Updating the cells one by one is very slow, so instead I would like to use
an array. However, my cells are not necessarily consecutive (rows and
columns) and there may be other values that my app does not set that I
cannot change.

I figure that my best option might be to copy a range of cells beginning
with 1,1 down to the last used cell (ie. max row and mx column) into my
array, update only the cells that I am interested in, then update the
range
again from the updated array.

Firstly, can anyone think of better way and if not how can I determine
the
last used cell?

Cheers,
Peter.