Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Passwords for Hidden Worksheets

sheets hidden in this
manner can only be unhidden via VBA.

That is true in xl95 and earlier. In xl97, you can access the sheet
properties window in the VBE and unhide the sheet. Of course you could
protect the project to prevent this, but just some added information.

Tom Ogilvy

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi ManualMan,

Perhaps, by setting the visible property of the sheets to xlVeryHidden?

Whilst this will not deter a knowledgeable user, sheets hidden in this
manner can only be unhidden via VBA.

---
Regards,
Norman

Exactly how do you expect your 7 users not to unhide any sheet
manually?

"ManualMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Paul Black wrote:

I have Hidden the 7 Worksheets.

Exactly how do you expect your 7 users not to unhide any sheet
manually?

I have a Button on a Sheet Named "Logon" which I want Each User to
Click and Enter a Password that will Unhide JUST their Worksheet. I
would like a Macro that I can Attach to the Button that will Allow
this Please.

How about this one? Curs

Sub HideAndShow()

UserName = Sheets("Logon").Cells(1,1) 'Replace (1,1) with the real
range
Password = Sheets("Logon").Cells(1,2) 'Replace (1,2) with the real
range

If Username = "Pete" And Password = "PetesPassword" Then
Sheets("PetesSheet").Visible = True
Else
MsgBox ("That really wasn't the right password!")

I Also have a Button on Each of the Worksheets, so when they have
Finished they will Click it and it will Re-Hide their Worksheet. I
would like a Macro to do this Please.

The same as above, only without the username/password validation, and
change Sheets(".....").Visible=True to Sheets("....").False

One Final thing, I need to be Able to Input a Master Password that
will Unhide ALL of the Hidden Worksheets Please.

I think you can make that happen using the code mentioned above.