Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Scratcher Dick Scratcher is offline

Default Exporting chart to GIF file

Have since tested on a W2000 network (Excel XP again). Same code produces the
one expected file.

This appears to be a Netware problem - any comments?

Dick

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I use win98 and xl2002 and your code resulted in only one file for me.

Dick Scratcher wrote:

testing the export of a chart to a GIF file using this code:

Sub SaveChartAsGIF()
Dim FName
FName = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif"
ActiveChart.Export Filename:=FName, FilterName:="GIF"
End Sub

In Excel 97 it exported one file to:
GifExport Costs.Gif

BUT in XP it exports two files:
GifExport Costs.Gif as a zero length file and
GIFEXP~1.GIF that holds the data

Using Excel XP (with updates)
OS: XP Pro
Network: Netware