Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Gideon Brian Gideon is offline

Default VBA macro does not save

I fixed my problem and I thought I'd share the solution in case someone
googled and found this thread. It seems that my profile was corrupted.
I rebooted my machine and logged in using a different username with
administrative privileges and deleted the profile associated with my
username by going into Control Panel | System | Advanced tab | User
Profiles Settings. The next time you log in WinXP will create a new
profile. Remember that you will of course lose all profile specific
settings, data, and documents so be sure to backup anything that is
important.

Brian

Brian Gideon wrote:
When I save a workbook that have just created and reopen it all of my
VBA code that I wrote is gone. I've been doing this for years and

I've
never had this problem until now. I've checked all of the options I
can think of and I can't find anything that would affect saving

macros.
I can change the cell contents on a sheet and I can see those changes
after saving, closing, and reopening so why are my macros not saved?
I'm using Excel 2003. I don't have this problem on other machines

with
the same version so it appears that it might be isolated to my

machine.
Suggestions?