Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fred Holmes Fred Holmes is offline

Default Userform is "semi-locked"

Excel 2003

I have an "inherited" workbook/worksheet with a userform. The form
appears to be "semi-locked". I can't change any existing control on
the form. If I add a control and then save the workbook, I can't
subsequently change that control (on the userform).

I can change any of the controls using a statement in the userform's
code such as

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

With Label6
.Caption = "Information Requested"
.Top = 25
.Height = 30
.TextAlign = fmTextAlignCenter
End With

.. . . .

and while this works it's not nearly as easy as simply using the mouse
to modify the size and placement of the controls on the userform and
using the properties box for the control to modify its caption, color,
etc. If I do the latter, the form appears to be modified, but when I
save, exit and reopen the workbook, none of those changes have
actually been saved.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks,

Fred Holmes