Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default This seems weird to me

I see what you mean....

and it has to do with Empty Cells

Although all cells in 10:65536 can be selected with the mouse
they cannot be navigated to with the keyboard it they are beyond the first
empty column.

when you press ENTER or TAB the cursor moves within the boundaries
of the currentregion +1 column +1row.

and will NOT jump to empty cells (except when adjacent to the currentcell)

it's behaves like it does in DataEntry Mode.
(also does this in xl97/ xlXP and xl2003)

keepITcool

Ken McLennan wrote:

G'day there Tom,

I performed the actions you describe and I have no problem tabbing or
moving through the unlocked cells using the arrow keys. If I made
the window small enough to require scrolling, then the window
scrolled as well.

Well, that's what I would have expected with mine too.

Perhaps you didn't unlock the cells you thought you did?

Always a possibility, so I just went back & tried again. Selected
Row 10. Selected to the bottom of the sheet and then right clicked.
Formatted the cells and unchecked the "Locked" box on the Protection
tab. Locked the sheet with only the "Protect Worksheet and Contents of
Locked Cells" & "Select Unlocked Cells" checkboxes checked. Now, lo &
behold, I find it scrolls only in a four cell range A10:B11!!

I have absolutely no idea of what is going on!!

Hoping someone has an idea,