Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default ExcelTip/ExcelForum threading

I see the responses from the forum appearing as one level higher than they
should, but I don't see them as new threads. I doubt if Rubin writes his
own forum software, so I don't know that he has control of that aspect. I
would encourage you to rethink your boycott idea as you aren't punishing
Rubin and I doubt it would "force" a change. While I have had no contact
with him in the past, those that I know who have had contact said he was
cooperative. You might contact Stephen Bullen. Besides, a lot of the
posters in the forum probably have no idea what Usenet even is; so targeting
them probably won't be effective.

If you were posting from the forum, you could use one of the smilies
keepITcool <angry
would be
keepITcool :angry

but isn't that a seeming paradox

keepITcool <== <angry

<g
Tom Ogilvy

"keepITcool" wrote in message

I'm calling on all regular posters in this NEWSGROUP.
to boycot ANY posts from ExcelTip and ExcelForum

As you may have noticed the replies to the threads
(when posted from those websites) will create a NEW thread.

These sites must adhere to UseNet rules and correct his ASP script!

Over the past weeks I've tried contacting the webmaster,
(on several email addresses).. No reaction at all.

The only way to see a thread correctly threaded is by their internal
ThreadID, not by NNTP MessageID.

It could be a deliberate tactic employed by Mr Rubin to attract traffic to
his sites... but I'll assume it's just a mistake.

I will no longer answer any posts from exceltip/excelforum
until this is resolved.

If anyone can directly contact the webmaster to have him mend his ways?

keepITcool <angry