Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet_Activate Not Called When Opening Workbook

That should read coalshed's, spellchecker got it!

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message news:...
Hi Doug,

With the weather that we are having at the moment, I can hardly the

harbour,
never mind across it. From work, high on the 5th floor I can usually

glimpse
them at the moment.

That signature was inspired by a guy in the travel groups who signed

himself
as looking out across one of the lakes in the lake district (Windermere
IIRC), and I thought, this is a lovely place as well, a bit more built-up
perhaps, but really nice, so I penned mine. I also recall many other
humorous ripostes to that one, such as 'looking down my garden to the
British Rail woolshed's, et al.

A change from the Zen mantras I fell<vbg.

Bob

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
Bob,

I was wondering, are you no longer "looking out across Poole Harbour to

the
Purbecks?" At one point I Googled it and it looks like a beautiful part

of
the planet. I had also thought of signing myself as "looking across my
stomach tomy toes" - my relaxed laptop position - but wasn't sure if you
would appreciate the attempt at humor.

Doug Glancy

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You could either add it to the workbook_open event (but what happens

if
the
activesheet is some other?), or maybe check in workbook_open if that

sheet
is active and then load it.

--

HTH

RP

"Gaston" wrote in message
I'm using code in the Worksheet_Activate event to load a Menu. This

works
fine when manually switching from one worksheet to another.

However,
when
the workbook is first opened, this event is not issued for the

active
sheet.
How can I get this event to run when the workbook is first opened.

The
active sheet can be any sheet that the user had activated prior to

the
last
worbook close.