Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Convert IP Address to Host Name

Here's the steps to reproduce in Excel:

Create a new userform
drop 2 textboxes and 1 commandbutton onto the form
rename the textboxes as Text1 and Text2
rename the Commandbutton as Command1

Run the form
Put the ip address into the first box, click the button.

"Ed Wurster" wrote in message
I'm trying to use Excel to process a list of IP addresses and return a
column of host names.

I have other tools that do this, but the list of addresses is usually
parsed
in Excel, so I thought that it would save time to use Excel for the
complete
task.

I've looked through many sites but have not come up with a solution. For
instance there may be a VBA script that does this, but I am not able to
get
this to work in Excel:

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/network/hostnamefromip.htm

I have other tools that do this, but the list of addresses is usually
parsed
in Excel, so I thought that it would save time to use Excel for the
complete
task.

Thanks for any help.

Ed