Max

Glaaad to hear you got it sorted out <g !

On a related note, do you know of a shortcut to make a non-relative link

a cell without manually typing in the $'s?

Think Dave Peterson had earlier posted Excel uses absolute references for
the linked cell if it's to / in another book

But we could use the F4 key to toggle through the 4 cell reference states
instead of amending manually the link cell formula after we've clicked to
produce the link and entered the formula

=[Book4]Sheet1!$A$1

Try this:
Select the part: $A$1 in the formula
Press F4 key to toggle through the 4 cell ref states: $A$1, A$1, $A1, A1
and stop of course, at the desired state
--
Rgds
Max