Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default printing via vba

select the printer manually.

now type in the immediate pane..
?application.activeprinter

you'll need to use the full string returned in the imm.pane
INCLuding the 16bit port Id. (Net01: or similar)

keepITcool

neowok wrote:

right thanks. I've decided to use Franks approach and create a userform
where the user selects which printer they want and then the correct
sheets in the spreadsheet are printed to that printer, so i have tried
to use this code

If UserForm1.OptionButton1.Value = True Then Application.ActivePrinter
= "\\TLPRWFC020001\tlnpwfc020001"

however i get an error when it runs saying "Method 'Activeprinter' of
object '_Application' failed".

any ideas whats wrong with my line of code?

thanks