Max

Yes, I just retested it again once more time. It works ok for me here
whether I copy across from Sheet2's A1 by dragging the fill handle, or by
copying A1, then pasting into B1:E1 (say). The formula adjusts relatively.

Does Sheet2's A1 return a correct test value from Sheet1's A1 in Book4.xls
when you press enter after putting the formula there ? (Book4.xls is assumed
open)
--
Rgds
Max

Please try it, and I hope you'll see what I'm talking about. Perhaps I

have
a glitch in my software?

-Fran