Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gaba gaba is offline

Default Public string showing empty

Thanks Bob and Frank... it's a learning process...

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
of course. You have to read it again. maybe something like the
following in your workbook_open event of this file
option explicit
Public myfilename As String
sub workbook_open()
with me.worksheets("sheet1").range("H3")
if .value<"" then
myfilename = .value
else
myfilename = InputBox("Please Enter Dataset File:")
.value=myfilename
end if
end with
end sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"gaba" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello there,
I set this "myfilename" string to store the name of the file (input

box) and
then re-name the sheets. Everything works fine, all functions work

great
until I close the file. When I re-open "myfilename" is empty,

although I
tried to store it in Cell "H3"

What can I do different to keep the value public and permanent once

the name
of the file is entered?

Any kind of help apprecieated,
Gaba

Public myfilename As String

Function getmyfilename()
myfilename = InputBox("Please Enter Dataset File:")
Range("H3").Value = myfilename

End Function

--
gaba :)