Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default specifying range based on input

Excel has a inputbox method for that.
(it's different from vba's standard inputbox method,
so be sure to precede with application...

See VBA help.. but for a range you need Type:=8

dim rng as range
set rng = application.inputbox("Select the date",Type:=8)

keepITcool

"?B?UGFwYSBKb25haA==?="
wrote:

In my continuing effort to figure out how to specify FY ranges in a
spreadsheet, I have made some progress. However, what I have come to
is an input statement to specify which date shall be used as a
starting point for the range.

My problem now, is that I need to be able to take the input
(mybegdate) and get the code to select the cell corresponding to
mybegdate so the currentregion can then be identified.

Thanks.