Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel 97 Workbook_Open problem

I can't duplicate the problem. This code runs fine for me under Excel 97:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ShowSheets
End Sub

Sub ShowSheets()
Dim Counter As Integer
For Counter = 2 To 4
Worksheets("Sheet" & Counter).Visible = True
Next
End Sub

I saved the workbook with sheets 2-4 very hidden. Does this run for you?
If so maybe there are other things your code is doing that causes the
problem

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP