Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stella Kimura Stella Kimura is offline

Default Printing

I have an HP LaserJet 2200d which is capable of printing duplex. Even if I
follow your instructions, my macro won't print duplex. It does run it thru
the printer as if it was printing duplex but 1 side is blank. Any other
ideas or suggestions?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Record a macro when you change that setting.

But sometimes(all the time???) excel won't be able to control that setting.

One solution is to install a second printer driver and have its default setting
as duplex.

Then when you need to use a duplex printer, you can change printers, print, then
change back. (And excel can control this).

And if your printer doesn't support duplex, you could use a macro by Dana
DeLouis:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40cppssbbsa05

(It actually prints all of the odd pages, then you send the pages through your
printer to print the even pages. Make sure you flip the sheets over. <vbg.)

Pavel wrote:

How can I write a macro for duplex printing?

--

Dave Peterson