Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to set a variable in Excel and loop

Frank,

Don't follow the explanation at all as I don't see any other sheet, where I
is used, how VarCount equates to your example, etc., so this is a real long
shot

Dim varCount As String
VarCount = 5
Dim I As Integer
For I = 1 To 10 Step 1
Range("B" & I).FormulaR1C1 = "=Sheet1!R[" & VarCount & "]C"
Range("C" & I).FormulaR1C1 = "=Sheet1!R[" & VarCount & "]C"
VarCount = Varcount + 1
Next I

HTH

RP

"frankeps" wrote in message

Dim varCount As String
VarCount = 5
Dim I As Integer
For I = 1 To 10 Step 1
Range("B1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sheet1!R[VarCount]C"
Range("C1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sheet1!R[VarCOunt]C"
VarCount = Varcount + 1
Range("D1").Select
Next I
End Sub

Well I hope that for the pro's here this is clear and know what the
answer is, well just to explain, in sheet Sheet1 starting on collum B1
down there are names which i want to "put" in another sheet at cell B1
and then print this page, then the B2 at sheet1, then B3, so to make a
long story short, the vat Varcount must be a number value, if i put 1
at where VarCount is the macro will work but print the value of
Sheet1!R[1] ten times :)

So the outcome must be that it's Sheet1!R[1], Sheet1!R[2], Sheet1!R[3]
ect.

Hope somebody here has an answer.

Thanks.

--