Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scottwilsonx[_65_] scottwilsonx[_65_] is offline

Default help with a transpose please

Hello everyone.

I have an Excel2000 spreadsheet with imported data in the range
A1:A1000.

Each cell, eg: A1, A2, A3 etc.... has a separate record, the record i
a string, separated by the "/" delimiter.
What I want to be able to do is look at each part of the record, but
text to columns doesnt work as there are over 255+ columns and exce
only works to circa 256.

Ideally, what I would like is to transpose the record so that A1 wil
be filled in column A1:A500 (or however long it takes to text t
columns the record so that the text delimiter separates the records o
transpose).

Sorry if this isnt explained well, and many thanks for your help.
Let me know if sending you an example of the record would help.

Thank you again.
Scott

--
scottwilson