Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AA2e72E AA2e72E is offline

Default More then 1 Excel object running at same time , how can I refer to

I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to choose a particular
instance of Excel (from several) to grab wit GetObject: I think it grabs the
last session created.

I would like to be proven wrong on this.

"Dave Lauberts" wrote:

Dear All

I have an access application which opens an new excel application in the
background ( Set ExcelApp = New Excel.Application) and does it 'stuff' no
problem, to keep down the code lines I have use the same 'Public Sub'
proceedure with different values to get data from the excel spreadsheet in
the background.

when I send it to the 'Public Sub' proceedure I use
Set ExcelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
to refer to the open excel application.

This works OK when I only have 1 instance of excel working. BUT if I already
have excel open with another spreadsheet it does not work ( I think it looks
at the Excel application already open and not the one I have created in the
background).

I don't want to put code in the application to close any excel applications
before I run my application - does anybody know how I can point to the right
Excel application?

Look forward to hearing from you all
Regards
Dave