Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Excel-2003 Plug-In Program

If you are running XL 2003, then look into Automation Add-Ins (COM) - it
works very nicely.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q285337/

"kumar_8675" wrote in message

I am new to excel world and wanted to develop a plug-in with some
functions to read data from a file and return the value. I intend to
call these functions from various cells in the excel, so that when the
user opens the excel, all the values are populated automatically. What
is the best way to do this, should it be a VBA plug-in or COM plug-in ?
Can we add new functions to a Com Plug-in. Is there any basic example in
this regard ? Thanks.

--
kumar_8675
kumar_8675's Profile: