Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Loomis Ken Loomis is offline

Default Accessing Word constants in Excel

I needed an Excel macro that would let the user enter information about a
client into a worksheet, then, with the click of a button, open a Word
document that I had built that contained placeholders for the actual
information. All the information from the worksheet needed to be inserted
into the Word document and then the document needed to be printed.

I recorded macros in Word for the replace and print functions. I copied
those to the Excel macros and everything worked fined until it ran into
this:

wdPrintAllPages

which is a Word constant and apparently, there wasn't way to access the
Word constants from an Excel macro.

Is that right? If not, how do I change "wdPrintAllPages" so that it will
return that value in Excel.

I was able to find the value of those in VBE for Word and simply hard coded
them into my macros, but I was wondering if there were a more elegant way to
do this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken Loomis