Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Sorting rows based on the content of two columns

It's not possible without the year. 99 is greater than 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 05:44:42 -0500, madbloke
wrote:

Frank,

1-99 is the top entry as it is document 1 from 1999. Unfortunately, the
year has to be entered as 99. This is outside of my control :(

The more I think about this, the less sure I am that it is possible.

Frank Kabel Wrote:
Hi
I don't understand your sorting order. Why is 1-99 the top most entry?

"madbloke" wrote:

Can't figure out how to do this.

Columns A and C have numbers which equate to document number and

year,
like this:

A C

1 99
3 04
5 02
4 04

and I need to sort them so they are in document and year order, like
this:

A C

1 99
5 02