Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Sorting rows based on the content of two columns

Hi
try the following formula in a helper column (e.g. column C):
=IF(B140,1900+B1,2000+B1)*10+A1

copy this formula down and sort with this helper column.

"madbloke" wrote:

Frank,

1-99 is the top entry as it is document 1 from 1999. Unfortunately, the
year has to be entered as 99. This is outside of my control :(

The more I think about this, the less sure I am that it is possible.

Frank Kabel Wrote:
Hi
I don't understand your sorting order. Why is 1-99 the top most entry?

"madbloke" wrote:

Can't figure out how to do this.

Columns A and C have numbers which equate to document number and

year,
like this:

A C

1 99
3 04
5 02
4 04

and I need to sort them so they are in document and year order, like
this:

A C

1 99
5 02