Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Stryer Jeff Stryer is offline

Default Require assist with VBA semantic regarding worksheet selection

Harald - You are my hero. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Best Wishes
Jeff

"Harald Staff" wrote in message ...
Hi Jeff

That is because Range("A5") points to the active sheet. Try

Sheets("Quotes").Range("A5:AB500").Sort Key1:=Sheets("Quotes").Range("A5"),

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Jeff Stryer" skrev i melding
om...
Hello,

I have the following subroutine for sorting a table:

Sheets("Quotes").Range("A5:AB500").Sort Key1:=Range("A5"),
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom,
_
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

This works fine when I the worksheet in question "Quotes" is
the active worksheet. However, when I invoke this macro while
another worksheet is open, I get an error.

Any assist with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff