Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EricIsDeliriou5 EricIsDeliriou5 is offline

Default FollowHyperlinks opening multiple browser windows

Hi All.

One of my Excel apps has some "Go To" functionality in it. I am using
the following code to open a browser window to an address in a web
application that we are using:

ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=sLinkInit & Cells(ActiveCell.Row,
iInitCol).Value, NewWindow:=False

The problem is that every time this code executes, it opens a new
browser window and does not reuse the existing browser window that is
already open. So depending on how many times the user executes the "Go
To" functionality, they can end up with a bunch of browser windows open
to my web app.

I need some help building a function that will test to see if a browser
window is already open, and if there is a browser window open, use that
window for the FollowHyperlink method.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Eric

--
EricIsDeliriou5