Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tomorrow Tomorrow is offline

Default How can I unmerge the merged cells in a Excel sheet quickly?

Sorry, I had tried your code. It's ok.
May be C# code must have some difference on it.
I'll go on trying it.

thanks!

"Tomorrow" wrote:

Thaks, Peter:
Yeah, I want function just like that you said below. I had tried the
method you teached, but it can't work. The error means that can't find the
Range obeject with which use the foreach sentence. Did you work ok?

Regards,
Tomorrow

"Peter T" wrote:

I might have misunderstood your original question, are you saying you want
to do something like this:

- First merged area is (say) B2:B5 and B2 contains value "X" (only B2 can
contain data)
- Unmerge B2:B5 and put "X" in the other 7 cells.
- Do similar with all merged areas on the sheet

Sub TestUnmerge()
Dim r As Range, rMgArea As Range

For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If r.MergeArea.Cells.Count 1 Then
Set rMgArea = r.MergeArea
r.UnMerge
rMgArea.Value = r.Value
End If
Next

End Sub

This assumes by "value" you mean constants and not formulas. If not above
would need to be changed.

Regards,
Peter

"Tomorrow" wrote in message
Thanks, Peter:
I tried the method you told below, but I can't read the all merged areas
data(not only one merged area). The Macro code as below:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/21/2004 by Tomorrow
'

'
Range("A1:AU138").Select
Range("AB120").Activate
With Selection
.Orientation = 0
.AddIndent = False
.ShrinkToFit = False
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.MergeCells = False
End With
End Sub

Best regards,
Tomorrow

"Peter T" wrote:

Why can't you just select all cells in the sheet (small square that
intersects headers), Format cells Alignment and untick the Merge cells

box
(may need to click it twice). Record a macro for the code.

Regards,
Peter

"Tomorrow" wrote in message
Pls help me :)

"Tomorrow" wrote:

I want a function like this:
to unmerge all merged cells in a Excel sheet and replaced all the

merged
cells value with the originally merged area value after unmerging
action.

I use the a cycle to fulfill it. But it's too too slowly if the

Excel
sheet
data is a little big. The code (c# code) as below:

for (int i=1;

i<=Int32.Parse(ws.UsedRange.Rows.Count.ToString()) ;i++)
{
for (int j=1; j<=Int32.Parse(ws.UsedRange.Columns.Count.ToString ());
j++)
{
Excel.Range Range = (Excel.Range)ws.Cells[i,j];

if (bool.Parse(Range.MergeCells.ToString()))
{
int x = Int32.Parse(Range.MergeArea.Rows.Count.ToString()) ;
int y = Int32.Parse(Range.MergeArea.Columns.Count.ToString ());
string TempValue = Range.Text.ToString();

Range.MergeArea.UnMerge();

for (int m = i; m<(i+x); m++)
{
for (int n = j; n<(j+y); n++)
{
Excel.Range TempRange = (Excel.Range)ws.Cells[m,n];
TempRange.set_Value( Type.Missing,TempValue);
}
}
}

}
}

Does Somebody have another idea to do it quickly??
Thanks.