Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Mansfield[_2_] John Mansfield[_2_] is offline

Default Unlink graphics in VBA

If you want to break the links before loading the chart
into word, you can use a macro similar to the following:

Sub BreakChartLinks()
For Each X In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection
X.Values = X.Values
X.XValues = X.XValues
X.Name = X.Name
Next X
End Sub

Another option is to save an embedded chart as a picture
and then bring the picture into Word. In Excel, hit the
Shift - Edit keys (both at the same time) and then go to
Copy Picture. You can paste it into the Word Document.

Or, a better solution to export the chart as a graphic
would be to use John Walkenbach's J-Walk Chart Tools add-
in. The add-in can be found at http://www.j-walk.com/ss.