Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bdehning bdehning is offline

Default Code to produce color font in data validation selections

Here is what I tried with no luck. My list is under Codelist.(D5-D28) What
am I doing wrong? I thought I would try one line to start.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 12 Then
If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = Worksheets("Eig Expense Coding").Range("B4") _
.Offset(Application.WorksheetFunction _
.Match(Target.Value, Worksheets("Eig Expense Coding").Range("CodeList"),
0), 0)
Range("D7").Font.ColorIndex = 3

Application.EnableEvents = True

"Frank Stone" wrote:

hi,
the line of code you want is:
Range("??").Font.ColorIndex = 3 'red
to find out all of the colorindexes, in a blank workbook
copy, paste and run the following code.
Sub macGetColors()
' Macro written 2/10/02 by FSt1
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("B2").Select
Set ci = Range("A1")
ci.Value = 1
Set c = Range("B2")
Do Until ci 56
Set c2 = c.Offset(1, 0)
Set cnum = c.Offset(0, 1)
c.Interior.ColorIndex = ci.Value
c.Offset(0, 1) = ci.Value
ci.Value = ci.Value + 1
Set c = c2
c.Select
Loop
end sub
Regards
Frank
Here is code I use to create data validation by selecting

text and then when
text is selected a code replaces the text and all works

fine.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 12 Then
If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = Worksheets("Eig Expense Coding").Range

("B4") _
.Offset(Application.WorksheetFunction _
.Match(Target.Value, Worksheets("Eig Expense

Coding").Range("CodeList"),
0), 0)
Application.EnableEvents = True

Sub MyFix()
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

What kind of code do I need so that my selections would

appear in different
font rather than the default black. I know you can't

change font size or
list size but color would be nice to help distinguish

between selections.
Below is 3 such descriptions I would like to have show up

in differnet
colors.

Employee Training, Seminars, Management and
Professional Education Courses.
Employee Welfare, department lunch, food provided
for in-house training, Manager-Employee Lunch
Postage expense
Telephone (Not in Hotel)

Any help is appreciated.

--