Catt

Thanks Anne, but the merged cell box has a check in it but it is grayed out.
If I click in it it become a dark check mark. So I assume it is considered
unchecked.
Catt

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Have you tried making sure no cells are merged? Just hit Ctrl+A, then
Format--Cells. Hit the Alignment tab, and uncheck Merged cells.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Catt" wrote in message
I've got a new problem. When I try to sort my list which has company, city
and state Excel won't sort it I keep getting the message that "this

operation
requires that merged cells must be identically sized". What merged

cells? I
did nothing that I know of to prompt this message. No matter what I try

it
won't do it. This is Excel 97. Can someone tell me why this is happening?
Thanks,
Catt