Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
inquirer inquirer is offline

Default help with chart objects

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong please in this code:

'Dim myChart As Chart

wsheet = ActiveSheet.Name

Charts.Add
cname = ActiveChart.Name
'Set myChart = ActiveChart

ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLineMarkers

ActiveChart.SetSourceData
Source:=Sheets("aulogbd").Range("C2:C23,E2:E23"), _
PlotBy:=xlColumns
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Delete
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=aulogbd!R2C3:R23C3"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""0,0"""
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="aulogbd"
With ActiveChart
.HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
End With
more code
'myChart.Activate
Worksheets(wsheet).ChartObjects(cname).Activate

When I run this I get an error Unable to get the ChartObjects of the
worksheet class at the last line. If I use the myChart logic (Remmed out
here) instead of cname = ActiveChart.Name and
Worksheets(wsheet).ChartObjects(cname).Activate , I get an Automation error.

What I want to do is to create a chart and then go back to that chart at a
later point and add more data to it.

Thanks
Chris