Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ijb[_2_] ijb[_2_] is offline

Default Search text using wildcards?

try:
Do Until InStr(ActiveCell.Value, "UserID") < 0
i = i + 1
Loop

--
If I've mis-understood the question please tell me.

HTH

ijb

Remove nospam from my e-mail address to talk direct

Not MCSD, MVP, TLA, P&P, PCMCIA, B&Q, etc just trying to help

"ackurv" wrote in message

I have a macro that performs a loop through a column of text, until the
ActiveCell equals a certain value. Below is the relevant section of
code. How can I test for any cell that has UserID anywhere in it, such
that it would find text like NWUserId or UserID2?

Do Until ActiveCell = "UserID"
i = i + 1
Loop

Thank You