Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Hyperlink to existing files

assuming the file path is in cell E1
and looks like "d:\my documents\my pictures\"

then type in A1

=HYPERLINK(E1&ROW()&".tif")
and copy down...

(I get a warning message from office when I open a Tif hyperlink)
.whereas i doesnt pop on JPG...

to Change see:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829072
How to disable hyperlink warning messages in Office 2003

keepITcool

"?B?U3RldmU=?=" wrote:

but I would need to do this for each image wouldn't I?
I need a way to automate the process of this. If the row is 2500 the
code automatically places the hyperlink to 2500.tif in the cell on row
2500. I'm sure this is more simple than it sounds, but I cant for the
life of me figure it out!
Thanks

"keepITcool" wrote:

use HYPERLINK worksheet function?

keepITcool

"?B?U3RldmU=?=" wrote:

I wish to create a hyperlink to existing image files on my
harddisk. The name of the image is to be the same as the row
number.tif (eg. row 1 has a hyperlink to 1.tif, row 2 has a
hyperlink to 2.tif). I have thousands of these to do and manually
selecting hyperlinks to each file is a nightmare. Is there any code
here to help me? Thanks
Steve..