Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Count the number of times a cell is colored with conditional formatting

If it is colored by conditional formatting, the only way to count them is to
use a formula with the same logic that you used to set the color.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:56:07 -0500, DrSues02
wrote:

I have been trying to figure out how to count the number of times a cell
is colored using conditional formatting.

I have looked through the old threads and still cannot find a
solution.

I need to add up the # of times a cell is a certain color (Green) in a
particular row.

However, the criteria for the cell to become green is different from
row to row. In most of the rows, there is only one condition which
highlights the cell green; it is left blank if it doesn't satisfy this
condition. In others, there are two conditions: one that highlights
green and one that highlights red. I need to add up the number of
green and red in the row.

I have done searches on this topic before and was pointed to a website
which tries to explain a VBA code for this.

However, I cannot make heads or tails of this.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

DrSues02