Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default Protect or Lock Column

There are two ways:

1) Programattically (VBA)
2) Point and Click on the spreadsheet

To do this programattically, try using the AllowEditRanges property of the
Protection Object. There is a nice example in Excels Help.

To do this while looking at your spreadsheet (point and click):
1) Lock only column A's cells
2) Select Tools--Protection--Protect Sheet

hth,
John

"Tom LeBold" wrote:

In Microsoft Access I have locked or disabled controls or columns to prevent
the user from changing the data displayed in the column.
Is it possible to lock, protect or disable a column in Excel?
I don't want the user to be able to enter data in column A.