Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rcmiv rcmiv is offline

Default Removing commas

Thanks.

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message ...
Hi Ray,

For the special case of commas only, something like this would be much
faster:

Function szReplaceCommas() As String
Dim szToProcess As String
szToProcess = ",,,,,206,,,,210,,,,,,217,,,,,222,,,,,,,229,,,233, ,,,,"
''' Replace all commas with spaces
szToProcess = Replace(szToProcess, ",", " ")
''' Trim out extra spaces
szToProcess = Application.WorksheetFunction.Trim(szToProcess)
''' Replace spaces with commas and add back trailing comma
szToProcess = Replace(szToProcess, " ", ",") & ","
szReplaceCommas = szToProcess
End Function

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"rcmiv" wrote in message
om...
I have this string:

,,,,,206,,,,210,,,,,,217,,,,,222,,,,,,,229,,,233,, ,,,

I would like to output this string:

206,210,217,222,229,233,

How can this be done in VBA?

Reviewing the group, it seems like this snip of code could get me
close, but I am unclear on how to adapt it to my purpose.

-----
Function stripped$(s$)
Const ok = "[#A-z]" '<remove the space here
Dim i%, t$, r$
For i = 1 To Len(s)
t = Mid(s, i, 1)
r = r & iif(t Like ok,t," ")