Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Workbook open event not firing (both 2000 and XP)

Most likely is that some other code or event handler
has set application.enableevents = False.

Maybe inside a loop .. on error hadnler not setting it back to true?

--
keepITcool

Greg Lesnie wrote :

I have a newly developed workbook which was doing a directory scan to
populate some comboboxes in an on-open event.

At some point it ceased to respond to the Open; a stop statement as
the first executable statement is never executed.

I've run codecleaner with no result, and the OPen event module can be
executed directly via a command button. Other workbook events can be
triggered too.

This problem occurs both on one Windows 2000 office 2000 and one
Windows XP Office XP workstation

Other SImple workbooks with On-open events work fine on both machines

Any suggestions where to find the problem cause an how to work around
it

If I replace the whole on open module with a single msgbox statement
I still cannot get a result.