Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default object variable or with block variable not set

It looks like you want bal to be a simple variable:

Dim T As Range
Dim bal As Variant 'what's in column F of that row?
Set T = Range("I5:BN1000")
bal = Range("F" & Target.Row).Value

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, T) Is Nothing Then
If bal < "" And _
bal < 0 Then
Beep
MsgBox "imbalanced" & bal

bal was already equal to range("F" & target.row).value

helmekki wrote:

hi

my problem is with bal.value, a message box appears tilling me object
variable or with block variable not set............the rest of hte code
works fine

could u pls tell me why is this..........Thank u

Code:

Formula:
--------------------
Dim T As Range
Dim bal As Range
Set T = Range("I5:BN1000")
bal.Value = Range("F" & Target.Row)

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, T) Is Nothing Then
If ActiveSheet.Range("F" & Target.Row).Value < "" And _
ActiveSheet.Range("F" & Target.Row).Value < 0 Then

Beep
MsgBox "imbalanced" & bal

all helps r appreciated :)
yours