Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Applying styles in VBA, then pasting into Excel

Following advice posted here, we changed our expensive calculation to work
inside VB arrays instead of Excel, and then paste the results into the
spreadsheet when it was done. This saved considerable time for the
calculation.

Suprisingly this had almost no overall effect on the time of the run. The
reason is that after pasting in the values we loop over the rows in Excel and
apply various colors to some of the fields on a per-row basis. THIS still
takes almost as much time as it did before, so the overall gain is tiny.

Sooo, is there some way to apply the styles in VB "inside" the array? IE, is
there some sort of datatype we can put into the array that we can apply
styles to, that will keep those styles when we copy into the spreadsheet?