Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
banerg banerg is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Columns

Hi,
This is kind of a long problem so please bear with me for a minute.

I am trying to work with a dynamic worksheet that has no fixed column
or rows. Using VBA code, I want to evaluate each row for some specifi
value and if the current value is less than, say x, then cell content
are cleared.

Of the remaining values, I want to find the column max and format th
font. the code that I have does this. But the problem is:

If the column is empty then, the conditional format applies and whol
column gets formatted. How can I search for empty columns and appl
conditional format only if column is not empty or else skip th
column.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

I have attached my code thus far.

Thanks again.

Sub modifyTable()

Dim cell As Range, minHH As Integer, Rng As Range, col As Range, NCo
As Integer, _
i As Integer

With Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B3")
Range(.Offset(1, 1), .Offset(1, 1).End(xlToRight).End(xlDown)).Name
"HHData"
NCol = .Range(.Offset(1, 1), .Offset(1
1).End(xlToRight)).Columns.Count
End With

MsgBox NCol

minHH = InputBox("Enter the minimum household value desired fo
evaluation", _
"Data Modification")

For Each cell In Range("HHData")
If cell.Value <= minHH Then cell.ClearContents
If cell.Value = "" Then cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
Next

For i = 1 To NCol
With Range("HHData")
If .EntireColumn.Value < "" Then
'.Columns(False, i).Value < "" Then
'.FormatConditions.Delete

.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, _
Operator:=xlEqual, _
Formula1:="=MAX(A:A)"
With .FormatConditions(1)
.Font.Bold = True